Can I fix this myself?

It is important to know that without exception we recommend that a taxpayer hire a trained professional to resolve their tax matters.  That being said we realize that some taxpayers do not have the financial means to hire a qualified professional while other taxpayers have an issue that is too small to warrant hiring anyone.  We created this page to offer some basic information which will determine if you need assistance and if not will help guide you in the right direction.

  • Don’t Ignore the IRS
  • Each time a new notice is sent, it increases the chance of collection action being taken against you
  • Treat the IRS with Respect
  • You must have all of your tax returns filed
  • You will most likely be asked to complete an IRS Form 433

Hopefully you can use the information included on this page and in our free Do-it-yourself kit to negotiate a reasonable plan to address your tax matters.

If you find out that your problem is larger than you initially thought when you contacted us, feel free to call our office to see if we can assist.